Mr. Mohammed Ali Juma established Al Ansari Trading Enterprise LLC in 1975. His trustworthiness, simplicity and humility have attracted and retained the talents, who are creatively working towards the development of the group.
As Chairman of the company, he has led it remarkably well and made it a dynamic trading and contracting organization in the Sultanate of Oman. The pace at which the organization has grown is an indication of his selfless support to the management team.
Mr. Mohammed Ali Juma continues to drive initiatives to promote training and professional growth, as well as charitable initiatives for the local community.
Kiran Asher established Al Ansari Trading Enterprise LLC in 1975 as an engineering merchandise trading Company. Under his leadership, Al Ansari Trading has evolved into a group of 11 companies in various industries across GCC and India.
He is actively associated with Indian associations in Oman – Indian Merchants’ community, Indian Social Club, India Economy Forum and Indian Schools in Oman. He has held various offices including:
Ex-Chairman of the Board of Directors of Indian Schools in Oman
Ex-Chairman of the Education cell of Indian Merchants’ community, who also manages temples in Oman. Presently he is a Senior management committee member.
Current Board Member of the Oman Cricket Club
Kiran Asher also played a vital role in establishing a fraternity of Indian Businessmen at JAFZA at Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai. This fraternity is responsible to act for the close co-ordination between the Free Zone Management and the Fraternity of Indian Business institutions in the Free Zone.
In February 2011, he was conferred with the prestigious ‘Pravasi Bhartiya Award’ at the Hands of Mrs Pratibha Devi – the President of India. This is the highest recognition given to a non-resident Indian, by the Government of India.
Mr. Yusuf Nalwala is a Partner and the Managing Director of Al Ansari Group of Companies based in Muscat, Oman. He established Al Ansari’s Contracting Division in 1983 to primarily pursue Civil Construction Activities in Oman. Since it’s inception, the division has diversified into many verticals such as Civil Construction, Electro Mechanical Solutions, Water Treatment works, Infrastructure works, Instrumentation Calibration and Repairs, Building Materials Trading, Rebar Cutting & Bending and Electroplating works. Al Ansari has evolved into a group of companies in various sectors and span across the regions of Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Africa, Sri Lanka and India with employees’ strength of over 3,500 people. He was instrumental in establishing Akar Technical Services in 1994, an MEP and Landscaping Company in UAE. Apart from the involvement in Al Ansari Group, Mr. Nalwala also has stakes in IT companies in US & India.
Mr. Nalwala achieved his Diploma in Civil Engineering from Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Institute, Mumbai, India. He has been recognized by various entities.
Few of the recognitions are highlighted below:
- During the Engineering days at Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Institute, was selected as the ‘Student of the Year 1970-71’ for his all-round excellence in the Polytechnic.
- Received a trophy from the Old Student’s Association of M. H. Saboo Siddik Polytechnic in 1998 for outstanding achievement in engineering field.
Community Services and Recognitions:
- Was honoured with the title of “Sheikh” by His Holiness Dr. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin Saheb, the Spiritual Head of the Bohra Community in 2000.
- Received the Certification of NKD and MKD for outstanding contribution to the community activities from H.H. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin.
- Secretary to the Educational Department, Qarde Hasnat and a member of the apex body governing the affairs of the Dawoodi Bohra Community in Oman.
- He is the recipient of ‘Dossier Award – 2014’ for the Outstanding Contribution made in the construction sector.
Under his leadership:
- His company Al Ansari was awarded the Best Infrastructure Project 2014 for Sewerage Network Project at Al Wadi Al Kabir from the ‘Construction Week’.
- Won the best Contractor of the Year Award in 2014 from IQPC (International Quality & Productivity Centre).
- Founder Member of Oman Society of Contractors and served as Vice- Chairman for the Society of Contractors from 2013 to 2016.
- Appointed as the member of Industrial Advisory Board for International College of Engineering and Management in Muscat.
On the Social activities side, in the past, he has served in the following positions:
- President of the Management Committee of Indian School, Al Ghubra (Muscat) from 1998 to 2001.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Indian Schools in Oman.
- Member of the team responsible for the preparation of the constitution that governs the Indian School system and has supported the Sports Fiesta across all the schools in Oman and structured principal / president conferences.
- General Secretary of Friday Club, an association of Indian Muslims residing in Oman.
- Chairman of the Human Welfare Trust – Oman Chapter, spearheaded the transformation of a village, Milak Pallupura, U. P. in India.
- Founded ‘Yusuf Nalwala Centre for Plumbing’ in Kerala in 2001.
Adnan Nalwala, brings more than 12 years of experience in operational restructuring, turnaround management and strategic planning. Adnan Nalwala has played key roles in developing business units in the construction industry in Oman and the UAE. He is actively involved in operational strategies of the business and spearheads the human resources & recruitment initiatives of the Group.
Prior to joining, Adnan Nalwala worked in Alvarez and Marsal as a Senior consultant. His primary responsibilities were to revamp the management practices, develop long-term strategies and improve the performance of business units. He has also served as a board member of the Indian School Ghubra Management committee.
Adnan Nalwala has bachelor’s degree in supply chain management and graduated in honors from Arizona State University. He also has a master’s degree in business administration, with a focus on strategy and business analysis, from Boston University. He serves on the Boston University’s GCC chapter as an Alumni Ambassador.
Jesal Asher is responsible for establishing corporate governance structure within the Group and ensuring that what once was a family business, continues to function professionally and keeping all stakeholders needs in mind. She has also focused on geographical expansion and enables diversification across our product and service lines.
Prior to moving to Oman in 2014, Jesal spent 11 years in New York as a Partner at KPMG heading up the Northeast Enterprise Risk Management practice. In that role she was involved in creating the methodology, training, establishing a team and serving many of the Fortune 100 clients in varied sectors – financial, insurance, retail, and publishing.
Jesal is a graduate of the London School of Economics and obtained ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant) qualification in London while working at PriceWaterhouse Coopers.
Murtuza Nalwala joined Al Ansari in 2010 and is responsible for formulating the growth plan, goal setting, and resource allocation for the Building Material’s Trading Division, Rebar Cut and Bend Unit, Instrumentation Calibration Division and Electroplating division. He also drives the corporate IT strategy, and identifies and implement’s appropriate products and systems to expand business IT capabilities. In 2012, he started a lighting and road safety product division with a vision to promote quality energy efficient lighting that increase safety for driver’s and reduce risk of road accident’s.
Prior to joining Al Ansari, Murtuza worked at Raftar Corporation in Viriginia, USA as the Operation’s Manager, where he was responsible for maintaining all aspect’s of the companies finances and preparing financial reports. Additionally, he executed marketing campaign for promoting Raftar’s unique technology solution offering.
Murtuza acquired his BSBA with a double specialization in Accounting and Finance from American University in Washington DC, USA.